LIUM in numbers
- 25 Academic staff
- 20 Contract researchers and PhD students
- 4 Support staff
- Member of Atlanstic 2020 (grouping of digital science players in the Pays de la Loire region)
- Member of the Claude Chappe Institute
- Experimental room for research work in IT environment for Human Learning (audio and video recording)
- Software and corpus: SideKit/s4d, TEDLium, nmtpy, JemInventor, Moggle, Hop3X, UTL, Legadee, TraVis
Production, protection and distribution of software and resources
LIUM produces a remarkable number of softwares related to its research activities. This includes the Hop3x environment, which is a IT environment for Human Learning dedicated to programming learning at Le Mans University, the creation of an integrated development environment dedicated to UTL (Usage Tracking Language), Sidekit/s4d toolkits for speaker recognition, and linguistic resources such as the TED-LIUM corpus. Most of these tools are distributed under open license.
Excellent results in international evaluation campaigns
LIUM regularly takes part in international evaluation campaigns in speech and speaker recognition and machine translation. The results rank LIUM among the academic labs that best master these technologies worldwide.
- Speech transcription: 1st at REPERE 2013 (French), 1st to IWSLT 2014 (Italian) and 2015 (German), 2nd at MGB 2015 (English) and 2017 (Arabic)
- Text translation: 1st multimodal translation at IWSLT 2017
- Speaker segmentation and clustering: 2nd at MGB 2016, 1st at MediaEval 2015 and 2016